Canon printers are a preferred choice of the computer users looking out to experience high definition printing with advanced features and latest specifications. Like any other brand’s printer, every Canon printer requires the right driver installation in order receive commands from a system.
While performing the driver installation process, you might see an error with a message “Error Occurred while files were being copied”. This error will stop the installation immediately, which will not allow you to use your printer for printing, scanning, and other tasks. To fix this issue out, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the Canon printer official website and then open driver download section
- Enter the Canon printer’s specific model number and then click Search
- Click Download in front of the drivers displayed in the search result
- If you don’t find the drivers for your particular printer model then connect to the Canon printer tech support team
- After the driver download issue resolves, save the setup file
- Right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator to install
- Wait until the installation finishes!
There are chances that the firewall installed within your operating system is causing this error. To get rid of this, simply disable the firewall for a while then proceed to the installation of the printers’ driver. Just make sure after the installation finishes, enable the firewall once again to ensure the protection of your device from the viruses, malware, and other malicious activities.
If the problem still persists then it is recommended to call Canon printer support phone number. A technician will immediately respond to your call, collect the required information associated with your Canon printer, and then provide you the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. Hope the article was informative!